NEW! Sensory Room
BIG4 Renmark Riverfront has a Sensory Room that has been developed for use by families with a child or children on the Autism spectrum. This room has been carefully designed in close consultation with an occupational therapist, a specialist autism teacher and ASD parents and has all the features you would expect to find in an autism specific educational setting, including;
- A lamp projecting lovely blue ocean waves on the ceiling, while playing calming music
- A large free-standing hammock that can be used to rock a toddler or for a fullsized adult to rock themselves
- A large crash mat and weighted blankets/cushions
- A large collection of cushions providing a variety of tactile experiences
- A 'Bilbo' to rock or spin a child in
- A peanut-shaped gym ball to bounce on, and
- A large time clock to help them 'finish'.
Activity boxes can also be requested from reception and these include kinetic sand, play dough, a sensory toy box and colouring supplies.
This room, coupled with all the other features expected from a top rated holiday park, makes BIG4 Renmark Riverfront Holiday Park the destination of choice for all families to enjoy a restful holiday they deserve.